If you don’t have time to update your site regularly, its a good idea to at least dedicate some time each year to giving your site a good spring clean. Why not do it now? Some things you should consider in your spring clean are :
- Evaluate the functionality of the site, does everything still work
- Read through the content of the site to check its still correct
- Is there any functionality that you have seen elsewhere that you think may be beneficial – get a quote.
- Removing ‘stale’ content – consider having a professional copywriter read over and offer suggestions.
- Is the website acheiving its goals – do these goals still tie in with your business goals?
- What is the key ‘money’ page or ‘conversion’ page – is it generating enough enquiries?
- Check out other websites in your industry and see what they’re doing on their websites that you’re not
- Check where your website sits in Google using some key words.
- Develop a news area and write some current articles, media or press releases to promote your business and boost your Google ranking
If you need any help with any of the above items or would like Discover Me to evaluate your website and provide advice on what you can do to clean up your website please contact us.